Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Charleston and Nashville Zamily Reunion

So after my birthday (memorial day) we have a family beach trip planned. It is in Myrtle Beach. A while back we noticed a ZBB Charleston date for the day we were travelling. We looked at each other and said "Charleston is on the way to Myrtle Beach" and then we knew we were going!!! So we bought tickets and then asked if it would be ok! I wasn't sure if the in laws and BKO would dig us stopping in Charleston and leaving them with my kids and Ian for the rest of the drive up and first afternoon at the beachhouse. It is kind of a lot. But Sherrill said it would be no problem. YES!!! I was a little worried but she re assured me it would be fine. So the day comes and we are only in the car like 2 hours from the lake when we veer off our own way. Wouldn't you know Julianna chooses to pull her clinginess card. It was awful and almost made me cry. But she was fine. So we get to Charleston almost in time to report for street team duty. We meet more friends! YAY. Also this time CJ from Jeckyll Island is there. Such a sweet man. Will have to use that connection some time. He and his wife have a restaurant and he does vacation rentals!! oh yea. So we hand out dog tags again. Fun! Eat and Greet was a tad crazy and so unbelievably hot. aliesha couldn't even eat she was so hot she was sick. Also it was weird but they had 2 places to eat in so we didn't even see the band. I was very sad about that. I did hug Sonia. Also we chatted with Rusty for a few. It was his birthday and we took him a gift. he loved it! It was a LSU tervis tumbler. Rusty is the chef by the way. He knows Aliesha and I. I still can't believe how hot it was.
This time our seats were on teh 6th row. boo. Spoiled I tell ya. This show was on the clay tennis courts. So our purses and shoes were a mess. It was a fun show. Loved the atmosphere except for the drunks that just decided to make the aisle by me their new "seats". I was like get out of my space. The ushers were useless there.
A storm was brewing that night but it never poured on us, thankfully. Clay rocked out his solo. It is my favorite song they play live, "Who Knows". I love love love it live. After the show we did the signing, so I got my DVD signed. Last big thing I wanted signed. Rusty wanted us to come celebrate but security wouldn't let us back. I sent him a message after the show but he didn't get it until morning. he wrote back looked like when he woke up saying he wondered about us. Oh well. We just need a different pass!!

People ask me all the time, does it get old? NEVER. It is magic. I get excited every time I am about to see them. Then I am singing, dancing, cheering the whole time. It is so fun and I love it.

More on Nashville Zamily Reunion later. That was crazy.

0 comments: