Wednesday, June 30, 2010

More catching up to do

I swear I gotta get with the program.Since April we have seen more concerts. Are you suprised??

Let me think.....

James David Carter. OMG. He is dating a friend of mine and that is how I came to know him. He is a great songwriter and well known. He made a name for himself in the christian circuit singing at churches and such. I have seen a view you tube videos o of that and he is good at that. His soul shines through. He is even better as his own though singing about what he feels. It really comes right through his music. Take a listen!! I saw him at Smith's Old Bar. I left 30 min before the show and arrived right at 9:30. Good thing musicians are NEVER on time. He wasn't too late though. So I found my girl and we sat and listened. We were in the back sitting on some steps. Toward the end we moved right up front to an available table. He was able to sing a song he wrote for her and it was special. Holly Williams was next. She is the daughter of Hank Williams Jr!! She has some talent and was interesting to hear her stories. I only stayed for 2 songs because it was late. I did go by myself and that was a little unnerving to do but I am woman hear me roar! lol....

ZBB!!! They had a special homecoming concert the weekend of Mothers Day. That was my gift. tickets to both shows. This is the only time BKO has been ticky about me going to a show. I really wanted to be there so I chose to go anyway. He just thought Mothers Day would be different in his mind. I will tell you it has been my favorite one so far!!! We had front tow tickets to both shows. OMG. I am so spoiled. My favorite band ever,front row. Our friend Jo was taking pics of the band and even snapped some of Aliesha and I. She had a media pass to get where she wanted. We did eat and greet before the shows. It was ok. This was the biggest eat and greet ever. I guess because they were "home". It was just too big and was lacking that personal touch. Our friend T Bird says she hates shows at home because everyone wants a piece of them. And this dentist who treated zac when he was a kid wants a backstage pass and this sisters friend just has to be there, etc etc!! I never thought about that before!! I can see where it would be a headache. So you could see the stress on the crew a little bit.
Some of our out of town Zamily were there. The Zamily is the fan club. I love these people!! We chat on the forums and FB. I have really gotten to know some of them well. I was so excited to see Gov.Ken from KY and Belynda his lady. Also Tim and Dodie from TN. Such fun!!! Then Sunday night we met Kim from I think Missouri. We actually took her crew back to their hotel. Good times!!! I love meeting people. Just making new friends and experiencing life together. This band has brought me new friends. Love it!
So we worked these shows. That means we handed out stuff that ZBB wanted to make sure every concert goer received. This time it was dog tags and a passport. The dog tags go along with the new Letters for Lyrics campaign. That is so awesome in itself! If you write a letter for a soldier then you get a free cd! easy peasy! The songs on it are wonderful. Zac's goal is one million letters. I really hope he makes it! The passport was a genius of an idea from someone in marketing. If you spend enough in merchandise purchases you get it stamped and can then go in the autograph line at the end of the show. Because it was home they raised the price to $100 you had to spend! The line was enormous!!! That really didn't go as planned. They hoped the line would have been a little shorter. I can imagine it is hard to do a 3 1/2 hour show and then do autogrpahs for 3 more hours after the show. Well now they are no longer doing it. The Charleston show in June was supposed to be last one. I am not 100% on the accuracy of it. But it had to come to an end at some point. I can't even imagine how tired they are.
ok back to Atlanta. The shows were in Roswell at verizon. I love that place for a show. It is very close to home too. But the sound is nice and it is easy to find your way around in. Also the seats are covered in the event of a sprinkle.
They were rocking. I liked the energy at the shows. Sunday was more calm than Saturday. I just didn't want to sit down. I was rockin it out. I am going to have to make another post about the music after I take time to sit and think about it all again.
After the show was crazy. We had our after show passes but security was nuts. Also they took FOREVER. I think again because they were home a lot of vips were in there. I know we knew one guy with a vip but he took 6 people back with him. Kind of abusing it I think. So imagine if they all did that? So finally we go back. Clay is like "so how long did it take you this time to get to the show" we are like 15 min! Chris asks me about the cruise. I tell him no and he is about to get on my phone to call BKO!!! OMG I wished he would have. But security was pressing them for time. So yes they do know Aliesha and I. Sonia knows us as well. I love her. So talented and so sweet. I am so glad I have most all my things signed I want.
It was such a good time, these shows. We sat with LEvi's wife both nights. She is a hoot.

Ok then my birthday! Gary and The Heartwells play Wild Bills and we get in for free. Brandon went with us. I was glad he actually came. he likes their songs (he used to zbb too ) So we were right up front for that. It was good. We did leave after them. We didn't stay for Chris Young. Gary is a sweetie. I enjoy talking to him. I think BKO believes me know when I say we know them! He came up to me first and talked!

0 comments: